ALLIED TERMINAL SPOTLIGHT:Dearborn, Michigan USA
Across our extensive network, the Allied terminal in Dearborn stands out as one of the largest and best-equipped vehicle transport facilities in the country. It starts with its strategic proximity to America’s primary automotive manufacturing and assembly plants, and serves diverse routes throughout the region. The terminal also benefits from its quick access to Canada – especially with our affiliation with the FAST program – making cross-border vehicle shipping extremely efficient.
A Rich History and a Rare Facility
The 55-acre Dearborn terminal was built in 1979 to specifically support car haul operations, so its amenities are purposed for maximum efficiency. In a previous economy, this facility accommodated up to 550 Allied drivers and staffed a shop of 80 mechanics.
And today, it still holds its own with the following key advantages:
- Overall capacity to move 800 finished vehicles a day
- Covered loading docks for up to 25 carriers at a time
- A 38-bay maintenance shop with mechanics on staff
- Fully secure facility with lit asphalt, electronic height gates and fueling on site
- Operations center for regional load management, dispatch, and quality and safety
- Diverse fleet equipment domiciled on site, including 80+ pooled rigs for extra capacity
- Rail spur running adjacent to the property
- Home base for the finest drivers in the industry
Yard and Facility Space for Customers
With such a large facility, we’ve set aside extra space to accommodate up to 2,500 vehicles. In addition, we can offer fully equipped office space for customers who wish to set up operations on site.
In the vehicle transport business, our Dearborn facility is truly a center of excellence and a vibrant part of the Allied network. To learn more, contact us by email or at 313-943-4665.